Featured Not resolved
2.6
Additional Fees
Insurance Quality
Number of Destinations

I have been following a specific itinerary for 3 weeks and monitoring the prices, specifically for Virgin Atlantic LAX to Johannesburg. An Agent came upon a fare of 785 r/t and I provided him with personal information to make a reservation.

Then he sent me a payment form which I completed. I was then sent an email with a CONFIRMATION CODE and the assurance that my eticket was on its way. They got an authorization for a small amount but didn't charge the 785. The next day the agent calls me back and says, Virgin won't honour that fare.

But I can give you it for 898 (oddly enough the same price I had heard for the past few weeks). I spoke to a supervisor, who, ultimately, also wished to indicate that it is Virgin's agent who suddenly changed the fare. Here is the funny part: in speaking to another ASAP agent and trying to get the best price NOW available, I share with him my original confirmation email. He tells me that no such fare ever existed!

That it must have been a "newbie" who didn't add taxes. Read email exchange. WOW.

The experience left me feeling that they run fast and lose. So when buying a ticket from them be wary.....it may not work the way they make it appear.......meaning it may cost you more than they quote by the time it's all said and done (like between the minute you order it and the minute they charge it!!).

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Comments

ASAPtickets
Asap Tickets Verified Representative

Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention.

Airlines change their fares and availability of the seats on daily basis.

Most airlines file their fares with the Airline Tariff Publishing Company and these updates can occur several times a day. Usually the airlines decrease or increase their seat inventory (and thus the fare availability) through their reservation systems based on many factors like reservation cancellations or load factor on certain flights.

Unfortunately we are unable to predict the fare value nor can we guarantee that the airlines will not release cheaper seat inventory.

Kindly email us at feedback@asaptickets.com with your record locator and ticket number for a closer investigation.

Sincerely, ASAP TEAM

Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention.

Airlines change their fares and availability of the seats on daily basis.

Sincerely,

ASAP TEAM

to Anonymous #1405381

Respectfully, that doesnt apply here. Look at the confirmation email.

The language implies an event that has happened, not one which mau or may not happen in the future.

The logical extension of your argument would mean the price could change while im in the process of paying for it!!